Sunday, April 3, 2011

Saturday thoughts

Try again.  Fail again.  Fail better.  ~Samuel Beckett

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

"it's easy enough to be pleasant when life flows along like a song, but the man worth while is the one who can smile when everything goes dead wrong."

When life feels really difficult, it's usually a big red flag that we can learn something about ourselves.

I haven't bitten my nails in ten days

Today we got a new carseat for bayley and went to the olive garden
My mom made roast beef and mashed potatoes
I loved laying in bed and eating a noodle bowl while watching perfect couples with Adam.
Bayley is using the word actually a lot these days. "actually my mouth is big."


"don't worry so much, it's just life.". (a psychic witch from Venice beach)

I can't wait for Easter this year

I'm reading Natalie Goldburg's "writing down the bones"
And I love it

Some favorite quotes from it:

"our task is to say a holy yes to the real things of our life as they exist-the real truth of who we are..."

"...it takes tremendous effort to just follow the rules if your heart isn't in it."

"the best way to control people is to encourage them to be mischievous.". - Suzuki roshi

"but we should never underestimate people. They do desire the cut of truth."

"we don't live for ourselves, we are interconnected"

0 leave a comment here:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones