Wednesday, March 31, 2010

this is how we roll...

bayley has this dance she does
she begins with the very first beat of the sesame street theme song and it just takes off from there
it's a ritual, no matter what she is doing.  eating. playing. whatever.  when that first beat is heard, it's like "oh my song's on, i gotta perform!"
and she is just in the zone. dancing.
like a deep squatting, bouncing, head down, hippie, tribal dance that comes and goes with the beat
and it makes me smile so big and laugh everytime
what a moment to witness. it's pure, simple, yummy life

speaking of life, this is a great book about how great life can be

Photobucket
i haven't finished this book yet, but so far it has changed me forever, for the better and i am so grateful for it.

so in our recent efforts to simplify, i find myself being more content with what is and less likely to become distracted and run to the local Target (i'm pretty sure they used to own my soul) in hopes that buying forty dollars worth of random crap i didn't need will pull me out of the funk i was feeling.  only to realize that now i have to put away and deal with the forty dollars worth of crap and i forgot to buy razors which is the reason i went there in the first place so now i'm still in a funk and i have hairy legs. shoot.

so i am trying to shop less and live more, and i think it's working.

our trek to the beach was grand

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

i keep looking at bayley everytime i pick her up and thinking "this is all gonna be gone soon"  these crazy toddler years.  and even though it challenges every ounce of my being at times, i'm going to miss this so very much.  so we are eating up every crumb of life right now... not wasting a single morsel.

the other day, i decided to follow through with a project (another new thing for me).
i went out to our tiny plot of dirt and i started digging away like i was mining or gold or something (in reality i was feeling frustrated and needed to blow off some steam).  digging up plants, getting rid of old mulch, i was a woman on a mission and it felt amazing!!!  i found worms deep in the clay-y earth, potato bugs, and a super creepy centipede that looked like it could eat me.  adam put together the 2x4's into a nice garden box, i filled it with rich organic soil and -badabang-a garden was made.  i planted broccoli, yellow squash, and basil. 

Photobucket

"beauty is the promise of happiness"  -stendhel

Photobucket

these pictures hold a deeper meaning for me, i love them with all of my heart
there were no outfits planned, no props thought up, no special place to drive to at sunset....
just pure spontaneous fun
jumping on the bed, curtains open, eating a fruit snack, in the moment

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"if you want to be happy, be"  -tolstoy

happy monday

xoxo
-abbey

3 leave a comment here:

Anonymous said...

Love this blog! Keep going Abbey!

Katie Pettey said...

Abbey, I love your photos and your words of wisdom. You are such a good mommy! I'm going to check that book out on my next library trip. I'm realizing I need to take living simply a step further with my kids and simplify even more. Target also once held my soul! LOL. I hear you'll be in town soon. Can't wait to see you!

Heidi said...

hi abbey! lol, you are so funny! you are welcome to come by during a giveaway or not...swear:) and i hope win something too!

i LOVE the pic of you two on the bed, the sceond from the bottom. she's looking at you, you at camera...precious!

baylee is beautiful!
xo


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones