Wednesday, March 30, 2011

let's go let go

tonight as i was trying to conquer my mount everest pile of dishes in the sink when i looked over at bayley.
she was on the couch watching caillou and eating yogurt and i thought to myself  "i wish i didn't have to use the tv as a babysitter" 
oh well, sometimes it just happens and she's entertained.  i started to feel okay with it, after all it was caillou. he's very nice and it's sort of educational as well.  just about the time i justified her tv watching  i glanced back over.
I found my just bathed, little angel, finger painting with her whole body her table with her organic vanilla yogurt.
like ALL OVER everything. 
i remained calm, explained why we don't do that and cleaned up.
and a little while earlier, while bayley was watching Tangled.  she did this to her face and told me she put on lipstick.

Photobucket

my conclusion is that tv's make horrible babysitters and shouldn't be trusted.

which draws me to my other conclusion which is:
2 year olds are crazy and "letting go" of things seems to work.
i'm picking my battles, lowering my expectations and knowing that 99% of the time i have something planned in my head it's not going to happen exactly that way.  and that's okay, because i can be flexible. and other people can be flexible too!
and not feel guilty 
that's the tricky one, but i think that letting go of guilt brings so much peace and inner joy to life.
i know so.
i proved it tonight, after a long day of "letting go"
i laid with bayley and was able to just be.  in the moment, with no fear or worries or thoughts. 
and honestly, that was my first time there. 

Photobucket

it was pure bliss and i'm goin back again.

Photobucket
“Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.”



- Oprah Winfrey




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Peace  (those are bayley's peace signs)

0 leave a comment here:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones