Friday, September 19, 2008

Bananas!!!

These things are so good!!! I'm eating my second one right now!!! I should start posting recipes more because I love to cook. It's just hard with a new baby. I'm lucky if I can make dinner AND eat it before 10pm. dessert was a bonus tonight!!

Frosted banana bars

1/2 c butter softened
1 1/2 c sugar (i only used 1 cup)
2 eggs
1 c sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 c mashed ripe bananas

Cream butter and sugar, then add remaining wet ingredients, mix well. Add dry ingredients. (I just put everything in my kitchenaid mixer) Spread batter in jelly roll pan (10x15) Bake 20-25 min at 350 degrees.

Frosting

1 block of cream cheese softened
2 cups powdered sugar (i only used 1 cup and it was plenty sweet)
1tsp vanilla
2-3 tbsp milk or cream

They are best chilled!!!!

1 leave a comment here:

Kirsten said...

This looks so good. I'll have to try it next time my bananas get too ripe.

I totally agree that Peter and Bayley look alike. I was actually thinking that the other day and I love it. It means that maybe Peter will look a little bit more like me. Charlie just looks like a miniature version of his dad. Not that that's a bad thing. ;)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones