Friday, April 27, 2012

A moment

I had one of those moments today as a parent... Where I felt like I actually did the right thing and that maybe I am on the right track. I was about to put bayley in a time out for not listening and although it didn't really feel right,I insisted. Then as I set her on the rug she calmed down and through her cries said "excuse me mama" and I said "what honey?" and she said "can you hold me nicely?". She melted into my arms and I knew there was no way she was going into a time out. She was able to identify what she needed and ask for it. I think that is such an important skill in life. I want her to know that she can ask for what she needs and most of the time get it. Not being material things, but true human needs like affection or solitude. I want her to trust me and me to be trustworthy. I also want her to trust the world and know that she can get her needs met.

0 leave a comment here:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones