Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Adam's Homecoming!!



Adam came home November 25th at 7am. That was as amazing as when Bayley was born!!! He got to fly off on a helo so we didn't have to sit and wait for the ship to come in. We were home napping by the time it docked : ) It was such a wonderful day. My Mom, Bayley and I woke up at 445am and headed off to Coronado. It was perfect timing, we got to the hanger bays and saw the helos fly over in formation, it was such a beautiful sight to see ( I knew he was in one of them)!!! They landed, taxied over and all 7 lined up. It seemed like it took forever for them to open the doors, but when they did we all went running out to our loved ones. I spotted him and with Bayley in my arms practically sprinted to him trying hard not to cry but tears welling up anyways. I thought I was dreaming, what an amazing kiss and embrace after 6 months!!! I was shaking I was so nervous/excited!!! We walked inside and I handed over Bayley to Adam. She was so good and actually slept thru the helicopters landing and everything. She did wake up for Daddy though, and all smiles. It was so cute, she just looked at him with the cutest little expression like "where have you been all this time?" She was so content and just stared at him the whole ride home. She was smiling and laughing for him too!!! She was so happy to see him even being so exhausted from me waking her up so early. My Mom drove us home and we took a nap, another nap, and then another nap. We were all so tired. I am so grateful he is home safe and sound, Bayley and Adam are like 2 peas in a pod. He is such an amazing Daddy/Husband. 6 months without the love of your life really puts things in perspective. I don't know how the 3 of us did it, but we made it through; stronger, wiser, even more in love than ever and grateful for every second together.
Posted by Picasa

3 leave a comment here:

Kirsten said...

Wow Abbey! I am so so so happy for you! Happy Thanksgiving!

UtahJenny said...

Yay!!! We are so happy for you - what sweet pictures. "Bert" sends his many congratulations and so do I - what a beautiful family.

linsey said...

okay-I am in tears! That's so sweet! I am so glad you are all together again!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones